Thursday, February 12, 2009

what's the cure for a crappy day?


a dozen roses, that's what!

so today i was having a very bad day. my boss is horrible. and i know that alot of people can say the same thing about their boss, but none are as bad as mine (hey, it's my blog, i can have my own pity party if i want to lol!). well, long story short, my boss said some pretty horrible things about me (for the millionth time) to someone at our corporate office that i speak to and work with on a regular basis. i cried most of the morning, but didn't let anyone see or know what was going on.

WELL, i come back from lunch and i'm still in a low down, dirty, rotten mood. thursday's are our busiest day and my co-worker didn't come in today so there was lots of work to do and i was just not motivated to do any of it. so there i am, sitting, staring at the computer knowing i should be doing the invoice that's sitting in front of me, when my friend and co-worker, john, walks in and sets a dozen roses down for me! i could have cried. i gave him a hug and told him "that just made my day, and i was having a pretty gosh darn bad one!!" he didn't even KNOW i was having a bad day. he just picked the perfect day to give me a valentine's present!

i know i said long story short, and then proceded to pretty much ramble, but i just thought it was so sweet i wanted to tell all about it!

THANKS JOHN FOR MY BEAUTIFUL ROSES!

6 comments:

Keri said...

OH MY GOSH!!! How sweet is he?!?! And they're beautiful!

Angela said...

AWWWW!!! Isnt that sweet! Although my feelings are kinda hurt cause we emailed all day and I never knew about these but thats OK. Glad he made your day better!

Keetha Broyles said...

Those are probably the purtiest roses I've ever seen. Does John want you to be his valentine???? 'Cause I think its workin'

Keetha Broyles said...

And just look - - - I was your 58th visitor. Your blog is taking off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those are a few valentine !!!!!!!!'s for ya.

Keri said...

ANGELA I told her almost the exact same thing in a text right after I read her blog! LOL

haley said...

okay girls, i didn't get the roses until the end of the day. it was after 3 by the time i got them. and then our internet died for about 35 minutes so don't feel bad! plus, i knew i wanted to blog about them so i wanted to keep it on the down low lol!

keetha- i have had 71 visitors as of 11:27 today! HOW EXCITING!!!!! thanks for the valentine !!!!!!'s! they go great with my roses :) see you tomorrow!!