Saturday, February 28, 2009

clothing madness

after reading keetha's blog this morning about laundry, i got the great idea to do my own laundry post. (i wish i knew how to link to other blogs so i could put one to keetha's, but i don't... but she's one of my followers, so check her out; even though most of the people reading this probably found me through her anyway LOL)


that being said, it's about to get really messy here in bloggypants world!!!!


i always hear people talking about how much laundry they have. but i just can't imagine how it can compete with the amount of laundry that i have! so that being said, i can't believe i'm posting these... it's OUT OF CONTROL how disgusting my bedroom is. i literally have to walk over things to get anywhere in there and i almost always want to punch something because it's so chaotic. it's not that i don't do my laundry, because i do. infact, a good portion of the stuff you'll see in the next few pictures... CLEAN! the problem however, as you''ll see later, i have NO room to put any of it.


all that said, below are some before and after pictures.




exhibit A. the side of my bed. this is the side of the bed that i use to get in and out of my bed every single day. CRAZY. although i do see a little bit of carpet poking through by the closet... NICE!! :)



exhibit B. it amazes me that i haven't broken any bones trying to make my way through this room every day.


exhibit C. entering my room you have to brace yourself for the hike you're about to have trying to get through everything.



i got in my bed and got out of it just to see how fantastic it felt to touch carpet first thing!



i can actually walk to my dresser without tripping!


and finally, i can walk in to my room without cringing! oh and i can walk over and turn off the fan that is on the other side of my bed, without twisting my ankle or stepping on the upward facing heel of one of my high heels. that's NOT fun at 6 in the morning. just take my word for it!

and the next three pictures is of my living room now! LOL!!!! that's my pile of clothing that i have to wash!!!

tell me how i'm going to get all of THAT, in to the closet and dresser below!!!!

really, how can i fit anything else in there and still know what things are? this is crammed tight. the bottom is all tank tops or sleevless shirts... but mainly tank tops and it's completely color coordinated. the top used to be that way too, but there is just too much to deal with that kind of organization. the problem though, there are at least 30 tank tops in that pile of clothing above to be washed and hung up in this closet as well! the stuff on top is shoved in there like sardines. i can barely push things from side to side to see what something is.

these are just SOME of my hoodies/sweatshirts. i actually have a whole other closet in the other bedroom that looks just like this one only it's completely filled with MORE hoodies and all of my dresses. then there's maybe 15 or so that are in the pile that need to be washed!

so maybe you noticed the dresser in the other pictures and were thinking "just put stuff in there, haley". well i can't do that either. as you can see it's packed tight. the drawers on the right side are hard to open and close because they are so full.

yes, i realize i have WAY too much clothing. i don't think people ever really believe me when i say i literally could wear a different outfit every single day of the year. probably for closer to 2 years! BUT, in my defense, had i posted this blog a year ago, the pile would have been almost doubled. a little over a year ago, i gave NINE trashbags filled with clothes to goodwill. and not just normal kitchen size bags either. they were big black hefty bags!!!! i also sold quite a bit of clothes last year in a garage sale.

so needless to say, i don't need to go shopping any time soon. i just need to get bigger closets so i can actually hang up the clean stuff!!!!

oh, and one last thing...if you actually managed to make it and read this entire post.... please don't judge me! LOL!!!!!

11 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Hooray for all that empty floor!!!

I don't know - - - if I'd piled my laundry up in the middle of the floor, I think my Mount WASH-ington might have been the same size a yours.

haley said...

i also have a hamper much like yours. with the 3 laundry bags that you hang up. well, that pile of clothes consists of ELEVEN of those bags. the picture really doesn't do it justice that's why i put 3 of it on there. it was 8ft. long and 6ft wide LOL! and about a foot deep! wow! i really need to start building a new closet STAT!

have you gotten your mount WASH-ingotn done yet? if you have, mind if i bring my down to marion??? :)

Keri said...

You two laundry-ettes can do mine too!! I don't even have a working washing machine at the moment. HAHA :)

Haley. I am extremely impressed by your quantity of clothing and I think I'll just come shopping to YOUR ROOM.

haley said...

haha keri! you're impressed and i'm utterly disgusted by it! no person, that isn't paris hilton, should have that much clothing... period!

Keri said...

How delusional am I to think I could even wear your clothes?!!? LOL

haley said...

uhhh you sooo could! remember, you have that whole "tiny waste" thing going for you. heck, all of my shirts would probably be huge on you!

haley said...

LOL, tiny WASTE? let's just pretend i said "waist", and move on!

Mary Jo said...

Oh my what will you do when you have kids!!! Espically if you have a girl like my Holly. She changes her clothes like 10 times a day a has the cutest little outfits she puts together all by herself! She would love to come over and play in your pile of clothes!

Good luck finding a place for all of it maybe you should just steal some portable racks from the clothing store that you got the clothes from afterall it looks like you have stock in the company!! LOL
MJ

Angela said...

Oh my!!! I could say before you cleaned up all those clothes that I could feel good about my room. :) But now yours is cleaner than mine. :) Good job on that! Did you get all that laundry done?

haley said...

are you kidding? i have only gotten like 3 loads done. it's sitting in piles all over the living room. i'll do a few loads a day until it's done, but it'll all just go right back to the floor because i have NO room for it.

Dustin and Kayla said...

my bedroom was always trashed when I lived at home and then I moved out and now i'm like over the top ocd clean...i don't know how that happened:)