Monday, February 23, 2009

early morning realization....

i seem to be failing miserably as a blogger. i started out pretty strong and then after a week i realized, i REALLY have nothing to talk about. lol! but i think today i might have a couple of things to ramble about!

random rambling #1- today marks my 6th week of dieting and running/working out. i'm trying to lose 23lbs. overall and after 6 weeks, i've ONLY lost 4. what the heck? i was so darn frustrated saturday when i weighed myself that i didn't even attempt to diet the rest of the weekend. why bother if i'm averaging barely half a pound a week? i'm sure today though when i weigh myself (monday's are my official weigh in day) i will have gained back some of the 4 lbs. then i will be even more aggravated than i am now. i just don't get it. i'm NOT the diet pill kind of girl. i took them once and had a horrible reaction and won't ever take them again... so diet and exercise is my only option and those two things aren't working. i might as well just give up.

random rambling #2- last week we got the bad news here at work that the company was cutting all if it's shops to 32 hours a week. that means almost 100 dollars less a week is what i'll be seeing on my paycheck. now i realize i'm not the only person with bills, but this cut means that basically i won't be doing anything that requires money. i have a bad habit of stopping at walmart a few times a week on my way home from work and buying groceries even though i probably don't need them, or buying itunes gift cards so i can put music on my ipod. this will have to stop! and i'm NOT looking forward to it. i also am trying to save for my annual nashville trip with my good friend angie, in june! i was planning on saving 50 a week until then, so now it's going to be even harder. darn this economy for ruining my life!!! LOL!!!!!

i suppose that's all for now. i may have a second blog later today?!?!? it's monday, and it's very very slow in the office, so maybe i'll come up with something else to talk about. hopefully it will be more interesting than this was!!! :)

7 comments:

Keri said...

Remember when I was dieting and exercising and not losing? I think it's because I wasn't eating ENOUGH. I stopped the dieting but kept up the exercising and I started losing! So maybe adjust your calories a bit!

You could use your change money for your trip! hehe :)

haley said...

you know, i've thought that too. but i am not eating a really low amount of calories. i'm actually eating what a normal human should be eating LOL. instead of eating a HUGE plate of spaghetti, and then getting another one, i'm just eating one normal size. you know what i mean? i'm seriously thinking about joining weight watchers or doing the whole nutrisystem thing!

Keetha Broyles said...

I think you look great - - - so you don't want my advice. I say forget the diet, keep working out IF YOU ENJOY IT - - - and just live. Life is too short to be miserable.

:-)

I'm SOOOOOOOO glad to find you back on the blog.

I just put some more weekend pix on my blog.

Keetha Broyles said...

That is really strange!!! I didn't quit following your blog, you are still on MY list, don't know WHERE my picture went!!!

haley said...

thanks keetha! i really wish i could just stop freaking out about this diet thing. i guess i just want my clothes to FIT me again LOL!

Angela said...

I am going to agree with Keri and say eat more calories and see if that helps. Remember when you ate 8 breadsticks in a week? You lost that week. :) You work out alot so I bet your body is just hording the calories you are eating. I have also started taking a B complex vitamin for metabolism and I think its helping me. Last week I ate really crappy but still managed to lose 2lbs. This week I am behaving and hoping I lose more than the 2lbs. :) I am only 8lbs away from my goal for your birthday. :) YAY! Jus keep on trekking along! You will do it.

haley said...

angie, good idea with the b complex they are good for you. i take one every day. have for a few years now. i think my body is immune to them by now though lol. i don't seem to have the energy i did when i first started taking them. i'm thinking that by my birthday i will have completely given up on this whole diet thing!