Thursday, April 22, 2010

if you were in my head...

whenever someone asks me to describe myself in one word i never hesitate to give an answer, it's easy... random. i'm one of the most random people I know anyway. see, here's a random thought i just had... since i hate using CAPS unless it's to emphasize something, how can i really drill home that i'm emphasizing "I" because it's only one letter... and it should be capitalized anyway... when i said "i'm one the most random people I know anyway" i was emphasizing the I, but i bet you didn't even realize it did ya? but i digress... (did i even use "i digress" properly there? i'm sure keetha the teacha (see how that rhymed there... i'm so crafty) will be able to tell me!!!)SOO, i'm random, i have a million crazy thoughts go through my head at a million crazy miles per hour. at one point i had a notebook and every time i had a crazy thought, i wrote it down... but then i started having random thoughts in the middle of writing down the last crazy thought and it all just got too confusing!


i have all kinds of silly things pop in my head, but ever since i was a teenager and possibly younger, there is one that never seems to bore me. so i've decided to take to my boring blog and see how many of you out there have had this thought as well.... here it is: alright, when i'm speaking in spanish (which is pretty much always... or not) i say something and then i translate it in my head in to english. i say "si" i think "yes". but it's soooo odd to me that spanish or hispanic people say "si" and they just think "si". how do they KNOW that si means yes? how do they KNOW that como esta means how are you if they aren't saying "how are you" in their heads. it's just way to weird to me! and it has baffled me for many years... it's one of the many wonders of my world, i have to admit!


next in line in the wonderment department is words and their meanings in general. why and how did words become the words they are? why is field "field" and not "ship"? you know like, "that punter just kicked the ball the entire length of the football ship". i dont' get it. or football... why isn't it salad instead? "how many yards are there in a salad ship?" it really baffles me! and then there are just words that i don't even think should get to exist at all like "indubitably". what? really? how did that word ever come about? i can only imagine what the look the first person to ever say that word got when they said it... the other person was clearly thinking "uhhh, i don't think so, kitty cat. that's not a word!" but somehow it managed to take off and now it means something along the lines of being so obvious that you can't deny it's true... or something like that! how do i go about making up a word? THAT'S what i would really like to know!


anywho, these are just a couple of things that i had on my mind and thought i'd share with everyone else. i know i can't be the only person in the world that has thought these things before... so come on, tell me... what random things do YOU think about?!

2 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I had a random thought - - - I thought, "Maybe Haley will post again" and you DID!!!!

:-)

Keri said...

I will agree...you ARE the most random person *I* (see how I did that?! hehehe) know!